Saturday, December 4, 2010

What Childhood Cartoon are you?

Recently on Facebook you might of noticed that some of your friends changed their profile pictures to a familiar cartoon, along with this message as their status...


"Change your FB profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood. The goal? To not see a human face on FB till Monday, December 6th. Join the fight against child abuse! Copy and paste to your status to invite your friends"

So, now that you've learned why your friends have been changing their profile pictures, are you going to change yours and help join the fight against child abuse?  I did, my profile picture is currently a picture of Angelica from my favorite Nickelodeon show, Rugrats.  What childhood cartoon character would you be? 

Here is an interesting article I just found, by ABC News discussing the Facebook Viral Fad's. This weekend's Profile Picture changes is discussed as well as some other viral changes that have occurred in the past.

For example some of you may remember the Breast Cancer Awareness Fad last year when women were putting their bra color as their status or this year's changing your status to wear you put your purse "I like it on the..." or even Doppelganger Week.  Any of these Facebook fad's sound familiar...well this week's fad is to help join the fight against child abuse. Will you?

Below are pictures of popular TV shows from our childhood. Look Familiar?

2 comments:

  1. I noticed a few friends changed their pics earlier this week but hadn't changed their status so I was very confused and thought it was something like doppleganger week. These campaigns are noble but I feel sometimes get lost in the realm of endless status updates. though now that I know I have the hard task of picking a cartoon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely took part in this. Whenever I first see them I always am hesitant at first but I couldn't resist... I picked a character from Hey Arnold! Mr. Huynh... You may remember him from the christmas episode... so I thought it was appropriate. I love how people use Facebook for a good cause. Sometimes it goes a little overboard and can get obnoxious, but It really does spread awareness. Now a days Facebook seems the way to go, without it I would never be aware or support any of these causes( not in all cases or on purpose) but it makes a a lot of people become active easily.

    ReplyDelete