Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gordon has a home thanks to Facebook!

Earlier this week, a family friend contacted me and my mom saying that she had found a stray dog outside her apartment and needed help finding him a home.  After hearing the sad news my mom and I quickly posted a little note on our Facebook walls along with a picture...


My Wallpost:
"I have a friend that found a stray lab mix eating garbage that is looking for a home. Here's a little note from her: I took it home to give to a shelter & turns out the only DC shelters are kill shelters. He is very sweet, plays well w/other dogs, is +/- 9 mos old, still has most of his puppy teeth, probably 30 lbs & will only fill out after he's cared for. He's black & looks just like a lab only skinnier. He responds well to correction and she is calling him Gordon. This puppy needs a home, please let me know if you are interested!"


Within an hour we had found 2 great options for Gordon, either a foster home or a permanent family.   Someone had commented that she has "a friend through a friend from work" who was looking for a dog.  After being connected through a quick Facebook message, we were able to get a name and number to set up a meeting. Two days later, Gordon is now home. 


It was so amazing to see how many people responded so quickly to our posts.  This wonderful puppy now has a safe home and a loving family that will take care of him...all thanks to Facebook and our friends for caring!

3 comments:

  1. wow thats very interesting to note how powerful Facebook is in our lives, especially in your case finding Gordon a new home. Probably should've named him after Mark Zuckerburg though, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha definitely should of, but I wasn't the one who named him. Maybe next time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that is awesome that you found him a home! Behold... the power of Facebook. It has equal amounts of positives as negatives. I'm so glad you found Gordon a home! And it's crazy that you were able to by just a wall post, I can't even imagine how many more takers there would have been if you used the market place feature.

    ReplyDelete