Saturday, October 30, 2010

Baby killed after crying during mother's Facebook session

While scanning through Twitter, earlier this week, I came across a tweet from NowPublic that read "Alexandra Tobias Guilty of Killing Son Who Interrupted Farmville."  After reading this tweet I clicked the link and continued to read more on the story, where I was shocked to find that "Alexandra Tobias, 22, has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder after shaking her three month old baby Dylan Lee Edmondson to death."  In the another article from CBS News, it mentions that she became very angry with her son, because he was crying while she was playing Farmville, causing her to shake him.  After doing so, she then decided to go outside for a little break, smoke a cigarette while composing herself, later returning inside, to shake her child again, while possibly hitting his head and killing him.  Alexandra pleaded guilty on Wednesday, currently remains in jail and will be sentenced in December.  State guidelines call for 25-50 years, while her prosecutor said it could be shorter.

I personally am not a Farmville player, I do know people whom are avid players on, while the other hand I know some who just play when their bored.  But to think that while playing this game you could get so angry from your own child that you would go so far as to killing him, seems a bit insane.  Although I  don't want to judge by the picture above, I'm sorry but I just have to...she looks crazy.  I hope that serves her full 50 years, because killing your child because he/she is interrupting your Farmville/Facebook session is absolutely ridiculous. 


If there are any Farmville users out there reading this, I hope that the next time you play; be sure to take a break, calm down and let your farm animals eat. 

3 comments:

  1. I do not play Farmville either but like you said I know many people that are obsessed with it. I hope that people learn a lesson from this and possibly step back from the game if they are at the point of obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, this is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. farmville scares me just as much as the adults that play it.

    ReplyDelete